Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New camera

Jason and I have been talking about buying a new camera for a few weeks {thanks to tax refunds and Jason's work bonus}. I was getting frustrated with my old camera {the pics were always fuzzy and red eye was horrible!!} and even considered {accidentally} dropping it so I could get a new one {okay, I wouldn't really do that}!


After reading a lot of information, we decided to go with a Digital SLR. I don't know a whole lot about them, just that they are one step up from just a regular point and shot digital camera.


We had pretty much decided to go with the Nikon D40.

And then I found an AWESOME deal online!


I got my new Nikon at Target already on sale {10% off}. And I opened a Target charge card, so I got to use another 10% off coupon!! Because we had already talked about buying a new camera {and had already budgeted for it}, I just turned around and paid the credit card off at the service desk!!{Sneaky, sneaky!!}


I have a feeling it is going to take a while for me to figure this thing out. Yesterday, I was thinking "what did I get myself into" when I was trying to turn on the LCD screen {which I finally figured out}!! I will learn how to work it eventually, it may just take me a week or two{or ten}!

If you think about it today, please say a prayer for my mom. She is having surgery this morning.


Pin It!

11 comments:

Aileigh said...

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! New cameras are fun! Mine is a Canon 40D! We looked at Nikon too! OOOOhhhh have so much fun! I can't wait to see the pics! Mine have improved dramatically. I don't even use flash anymore!

I will be thinking of your mom... saying a prayer. Hope everything goes okay!

amanda said...

how fun. i want a new camera as well. i have the service plan on my current one through best buy. i have considered breaking it so i could just pay the difference to get a new digital slr, mine is only digital now. please let us know how the camera works. i've been researching for awhile on which slr is best. :0) i will be praying for your mom as well.

Jennifer W. said...

I'm so jealous!! I've been trying to talk Paul into getting a new DSLR for several weeks, and even though he wants one too, our other camera is new enough that it's hard to justify buying such an expensive one!! I'm gonna keep trying though. Then I want to take a photography class too so I'll know how to use it.
I'll pray that all goes well with your mom.
Jen

He & Me + 3 said...

Yeah for your new camera...you are gonna love it. Awesome!
I will pray for your mom. Let us know how the surgery goes.

Emily said...

ohhh...jealous! I've been wanting a new camera like crazy. Your's looks great...I hope you figure out all its bells and whistles soon so we can have some fun shots of your cuties to look at! And will definitely pray for your mom...please keep us posted.

Tina said...

So jealous...I've been saving for a long time now (something more important always comes up and I have to dip into my savings!) for an SLR...One thing I HATED about going digital was going from a 35mm SLR to a point and shoot digital. I bet you'll come to love it!

Praying for your mom...keep us updated!

Tracy said...

Congrats on the new camera. I guess I'm a little behind the times--what is SLR? I said a prayer this morning for your mom and will continue to pray that she has a quick recovery.
Did you notice I have a picture of me and Delk from the cruise? I wasn't trying to copy you but that is the most recent picture of us (that looks halfway decent) that I could find. I know that is pitiful because that was 2 years ago.

More Than Words said...

Oh..how fun for you!!!!!!!!!!! I really want a camera like that too!!

I didn't get to read this post till now, so how did your mom's surgery go?

ShadowKazuni said...

It's an awesome camera...my sister-in-law has the same one. You're gonna love it!

Erin said...

Thats a nice camera! Now you will have to buy lenses to go with it! I am 100% Canon girl here but Nikons aren't bad ;)!! I can't wait to see pictures from your new camera!

Mama Bonn said...

I love the D40! While I am a Canon gal, I almost switched to Nikon after trying my friend's D40.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...