Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Friday, March 16, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Knee Patch

Last year, I shared about how difficult it can be to come up with cute holiday stuff for boys...so I got creative and made these fun Lucky Shoe Charms. This year I decided to upcycle an old pair of jeans into a cute pair of St. Patrick's Day Pants with a fun shamrock knee patch.
I don't know about your kiddos, but my kids are rough on their clothes. We have lots and lots of blue jeans with holes and rips in them. I know that the worn out, ragged look is in now, but I just can't let my kiddos walk around in clothes with holes everywhere! I think it has something to do with my OCD:)
So instead of donating these well loved pants, I decided to upcycle them into holiday pants! I started by printing out a shamrock just a little bigger than the hole. 
I cut out the shamrock on some cute green and white polka dot fabric.
And then used some spray adhesive to attach the polka dot shamrock to a small piece of green felt.
I used my pinking shears to cut the felt into a circle and then stitched the whole thing on with some green embroidery thread.
I think they look awfully cute paired with Eli's St. Patty's Day Tie from last year:) 
And the best part about this SUPER easy holiday craft is that I can simple clip the embroidery thread after St. Patrick's Day and turn them into Easter pants with a fun egg shaped patch!
Do you wear green on St. Patrick's Day?
Linking up here..
Tatertots and Jello
Serenity Now
Someday Crafts
Skip to my Lou
Pin It!

8 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh my...we have holes all of the time now with Caleb and it drives me bananas!! This is a great festive way to reuse those pants :) I like that you were able to do it in a way that you can change it out with the change of the holidays!

Dee said...

He is so cute! What a fun idea!

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

Great idea!

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

That is so cute! We have TONS of jeans with holes in the knees! All kids jeans should be made with reinforced knee patches!! :)

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

Such a cute idea!
I just cut the bottoms off 2 pair of my son's pants. They each had a HUGE rip across the knee. Now he has 2 'new' shorts :)

Anonymous said...

So cute. I wore a green top and wore my necklace which has shamrocks all over it:)

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

HOw cute is that? And what a good mommy you are to patch the jeans. My kids wear them with holes and all. In my defense, they do love holey jeans.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

That was such a cute idea! Way to save a pair of ripped pants. He looked adorable!~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...